The City of Blue Ash is seeking candidates to fill a Full-Time Summit Park Supervisor position within the Parks & Grounds Maintenance Department to help maintain our beautiful public spaces. Be a part of one of the leaders in municipal green space care.
This posting will remain upon until filled.
This position will enjoy paid, on-site training; contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (Pension); potential for paid overtime or compensatory time-off; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discounts for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, and Sandtrap Grill.
Examples of Duties
· Leads, trains, evaluates and motivates a team of Parks staff while working side by side with them in the field to maintain the variety of landscapes throughout the City of Blue Ash.
· Closely works with Recreation Department to plan and implement Summit Park events.
· Specializes in the care of annual floral displays including hanging baskets and flowering foliage plants cultured within a greenhouse.
· Maintains shrubs, vines, ground covers and turf including decision making on health evaluations, care methods and appropriate timing of necessary treatments.
· Diagnoses plant nutrition and pest control needs including proper applications of fertilization ad herbicides as well as documentation of appropriate record-keeping according to Local, State, and Federal guidelines.
· Completes landscape revitalization including removal, design and installation.
· Operates hand/power tools as well as heavy equipment necessary to complete projects such as, but not limited to, loaders, tillers and mowers.
· Assists in snow removal utilizing brushes, blowers, and walk-behind snow machines on walkways/drives as well as plow vehicles (non-CDL) in parking lots and on roadways.
· Helps to plan, develop and evaluate a comprehensive based park-management program.
· Trains and evaluates staff on proper landscape maintenance methods and techniques.
· Oversees staff safety requirements, ensuring that all staff are properly trained in their areas as well as on all necessary equipment.
· Continually develops and motivates staff members through trainings, evaluations, and regularly scheduled mentor opportunities to excel their development and advancement.
· Prioritizes, prepares and assigns daily and weekly work schedules.
Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com/jobs
• Must have the ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand and/or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
• Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check.
• Will be expected to work weekends, holidays, and special events.
• Must possess valid Driver License.
• Bachelor's and/or Associate's degree from an accredited College or University in Horticulture, landscape construction or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
• Experience with automatic irrigation systems and ability to follow landscape and irrigation plans.
• Ohio Commercial Applicator License or the ability to obtain one in the first 6-months:
o Core - 6A Ornamental Pests - 5 Industrial Vegetation - 8 Turf Pests
• Minimum 5-years of experience in the field is preferred