Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team.
For more than 25 years, attorneys at Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson have anticipated the needs of our clients and taken bold, strategic action on their behalf. We have earned a reputation of being business-savvy, pragmatic attorneys of integrity and aggressive advocates when our clients' interests are on the line. At Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson, we take pride in the legal services we provide and the products we produce for our clients. Our firm's culture is a blend of the conservative and entrepreneurial. Our "can-do" attitude empowers every member of our firm.
The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, professional demeanor, positive attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and completes tasks promptly and with accuracy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing administrative tasks necessary to support attorneys and firm
- Revise, format, proofread, and finalize documents including letters, agreements, and other various documents
- Organize, file and record documents with recorder's office, Secretary of State, County Recorder, and other government offices both electronically and via hard copy
- Request/order necessary matter documents from other parties including Secretary of State, attorneys, and other organizations
- Maintain and update physical and electronic matter files and related documents
- Coordinate and maintain attorneys' calendars including scheduling meetings, entering important deadlines, hearing dates, and reminders, and reserving/setting up conference rooms
- Open new matters, enter new matter into legal management system, and prepare fee agreements and engagement letters
- Answer phone calls and emails and deliver messages to attorneys, clients, or other parties
- Copy, collate, and assemble binders for various practice areas
- Follow up on documents that have been processed, filed, and recorded and notify all appropriate parties
- Deliver documents to clients, attorneys, and other parties via appropriate method, track mailed documents, and record fees appropriately
- Assist attorneys by entering/reviewing/editing attorney time narratives and releasing into legal management system according to monthly deadlines
- Notarize documents and witness signings
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office Suite specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our Hyde Park office. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance benefits, Life and Disability insurance, PTO, 401(k) and a great work environment.
SSP is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.