FLEET MECHANIC I (FULL-TIME)
The City of Springdale is accepting applications for the full-time position of Fleet Mechanic I in the Public Works Department. This position is responsible for management of the City’s fleet to include planning, scheduling, recordkeeping, and maintenance of all City vehicles and power equipment. Qualified candidates for this position have:
· knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of fleet management and maintenance
· a minimum of two (2) years previous fleet maintenance or mechanic experience. Previous education or certification from an accredited college, university, or institute may be considered in lieu of work experience.
· knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment of the vehicle mechanic trade including the operation and principles of gasoline and diesel driven equipment and the mechanical repair and methods applicable to cars, small and heavy trucks, and small gasoline power equipment such as pumps, chain saws, and generators
· proficiency in Microsoft Office software with the ability to be trained in specialized fleet management computer programs
· experience in arc and mig welding and acetylene torch operations
· earned a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, are at least 18 years of age, and are eligible for employment in the U.S.
· ability to obtain a minimum of a Class B commercial driver’s license with airbrake endorsement within six (6) months of employment and retain it throughout course of employment with the City
The pay range for this position is $23.20 - $32.64 per hour with a comprehensive benefits package to include: vacation pay; holiday pay; sick leave accrual; state pension (OPERS); life insurance; health, dental, and vision insurance with a health savings account; longevity pay; employee assistance program; and Community Center membership.
Application packets are available for download on the Employment Opportunities page of the City of Springdale website or by clicking here. Once completed, application packets may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR in person at the Springdale Municipal Building between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
This position is open until filled.
Springdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications are accepted in person at the Springdale Municipal Building, 11700 Springfield Pike, Springdale, OH 45246, between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com.