Link-Belt Cranes is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sales of mobile cranes. Founded over 145 years ago, with corporate headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky, join an organization that understands its greatest resource is our people and they are what makes the difference.
Currently we have a Machinist role open on 2nd shift. The Machinist will operate and monitor DNC/CNC machine centers and perform operations that result in the production of precision, quality parts per schedule.
Essential Job Functions
- Set-up and operate equipment within each work center, per Link-Belt Production System.
- Operate manual and DNC/CNC controlled equipment to fabricate metal parts.
- Assist in the utilization visual management techniques.
- Work with support personnel; i.e.: Production Engineering, Maintenance, and other related departments to improve work area. (kaizen activities, etc.)
- Perform Total Quality checks per process certifications, utilizing appropriate instrument.
- Safety, Security and Environmental
- Use equipment and materials properly.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area per “5 S” principles
- Observe safety, security, and environmental procedures.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions/situations
- Follow all procedures as detailed through the relevant standard work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General qualifications for this role:
- High School Diploma, GED
- Technical/Vocational ED preferred
- Two years of experience with DNC/CNC machining, preferably in a general manufacturing operation
- Must be able to successfully complete a Machinist Skills written test
** Link-Belt Cranes does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies**