Link-Belt Cranes is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sales of mobile cranes. Founded over 145 years ago, with corporate headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky, join an organization that understands its greatest resource is our people and they are what makes the difference.
Currently we have a Crane Mechanic role open on 2nd shift. As a Crane Mechanic one will operate finished cranes under field conditions to evaluate performance and determine needed rework, along with adjusting and replacing components as needed.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Operate cranes under field conditions and evaluate performance. Troubleshoot to determine malfunctions
- Analyze problems and determine corrective actions to be taken and verify rework is in conformance with machine specifications. Document all findings.
- Responsible for main functions consistently to design specifications prior to releasing to Quality
- Perform sales order changes
- Assist in development of and utilize visual management techniques and adhere to standardized processes
- Work with support personnel; i.e.: Production Engineering, Maintenance, and other related departments to improve work area (kaizen activities, etc.)
- Safety, Security and Environmental
- Use equipment and materials properly
- Maintain a clean and organized work area per “5 S” principles
- Observe safety, security and environmental procedures
- Report potentially unsafe conditions/situations
- Follow all procedures as detailed through the relevant QWI’s related to the storage and consumption of Point-of-Use material.
- Perform other duties/tasks as assigned
General qualifications for this role:
- High School Diploma
- Three years of related assembly or mechanical involving heavy equipment
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred
*Link-Belt Cranes does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies**