Location: 4348 Le Saint Court, Fairfield Ohio 45014
Job type: Full time
The CNC Lathe operator is responsible for operating horizontal computer numerical control and/or manual machines to machine parts. The machine operator loads parts in the machine, cycle's machine, and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment. This position covers all CNC Lathe operators at Faxon Firearms.
Reports to: Operations Director
- Performs all assigned machine shop operations
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee
- Follows tag system, quality procedures and completes all relevant in-process inspection forms
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed
- Safety procedures
- Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts
- Understand all blueprint/operation drawing features before cutting chips
- Understands job quotas established in router or as instructed
- Ensure all gages used are calibrated and in good working order
- Use of overhead crane for loading and unloading parts into machine
- Perform general maintenance on machine such as changing coolant, oils and other lubricants
- Carry out all other duties as assigned
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Previous Experience:
- 6 months experience in a similar position, interested in personal development in trade
- Mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity using micrometers and calipers
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Willing to learn to become proficient in operating applicable equipment ? Good attitude
- Quality and detail oriented
- G Code and M Code familiarity is a plus
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish color.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee will regularly lift weights above 50 pounds from the ground and potentially above the shoulders.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://faxonfirearms.isolvedhire.com/jobs/977246-263792.html