Legal Assistant - Reception
Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team.
For more than 25 years, attorneys at Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson have anticipated the needs of our clients and taken bold, strategic action on their behalf. We have earned a reputation of being business-savvy, pragmatic attorneys of integrity and aggressive advocates when our clients' interests are on the line. At Stagnaro, Saba & Patterson, we take pride in the legal services we provide and the products we produce for our clients. Our firm's culture is a blend of the conservative and entrepreneurial. Our "can-do" attitude empowers every member of our firm.
As the first point of contact for visitors entering our office, the ideal candidate has a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. This ideal candidate also has great attention to detail and completes tasks promptly and with accuracy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer and direct incoming calls promptly and professionally
- Greet clients, visitors, and vendors with exceptional customer service and positive attitude
- Process and distribute daily mail, faxes, and UPS/Fed Ex packages
- Prepare and distribute outgoing and incoming packets for legal courier service
- Schedule meetings and coordinate/prepare conference rooms
- Order, price compare, and track usage of office and kitchen supplies for all locations
- Perform administrative tasks to support the Operations & Human Resources Manager
- Manage receptionist phone queue and back up phone coverage schedule as directed
- Process and save Conflict Check emails
- Coordinate office events including birthday treats, office lunches and holiday celebrations
- Schedule and coordinate facilities and equipment maintenance with vendors
- Maintain maintenance schedule for facility equipment and needs, including HVAC, elevators, generator system, sump pumps, landscaping services, and alarm systems
- Maintain communication with tenants of buildings to ensure their needs are being met
- Monitor postage meters and other office equipment and notify management if issues arise
- Deal with emergency repair issues and schedule appropriate technicians
- Format and proofread documents including letters, agreements, and other various documents as directed
- File and record documents with the recorder's office, Secretary of State and other government offices both electronically and via hard copy
- Maintain and update physical and electronic matter files with related documents including scanning incoming mail, saving executed agreements, matter notes, correspondence, and other documents appropriately
- Coordinate and maintain attorneys' calendars including scheduling meetings and conference calls, entering important deadlines and reminders, and reserving conference rooms
- Open new matters, initiate conflict check, create new matter files, complete new matter form, enter new matter into legal management system and send fee agreement
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office Suite specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
This is a full-time, on-site position. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance benefits, Life and LTD insurance, PTO, 401(k) and a great work environment.
SSP is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://www.applicantpro.com/j/2902441-370100